• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm shure another brake fluid question

I'm a few weeks late but... ...lots of similar DOT-5 silicone brake fluid threads in Harley Davidson motorcycle forums. Most but not all Harley's take DOT 5 it turns out. Bright purple when new and all the same color worries, does my model use 5 or 4, yes, no, maybe, flush and etc. discussions too. The short of it is if you need to top off your brake fluid and you see a Harley dealer you're in luck. But be forewarned, it does cost more when it has a genuine Harley logo on it.

Seth_O

Personally, I wouldn't use brake fluid with any chunks, flakes, bits or particles in it of any kind. Especially on something the size of a deuce, and with single circuit brakes.

These brakes have been known to function even when in horrible condition, but I wouldn't handicap the system from the start by putting potentially contaminated/expired fluid in it.

FWIW - I had to rebuild my airpack and replace my MC, so I switched to DOT3 at the time. Now a complete flush of the system only runs me about $10.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks