• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm "stinky"

sail-bum

I was in the auto industry for almost 20 years. My favorite is when I was with Lexus, they had the large SUV the LX470. This thing had everything, including mirrors that tilt down when you back up. The good thing about the mirrors was that after 4-5 years they gave up and would lock in the down position. It was great when you told people that it would be just over $2100.00 to fix the mirrors so they could use them. I spent less than that on my deuce and I am confident that the control modules in my deuce mirrors will not fail!

While I was in the auto industry I learned one major thing, if it is basic and simple, it will not leave you on the side of the road.

I am new to MV's, and yesterday I learned how much fun a lower radiator hose can be. But I bought my M35A2 so that I will always have a vehicle that will run, get me through anything, and can run on everything but water!

rlwm211

That lower rad hose replacement makes you wonder who designed the truck and that feature.

It is easier to remove and replace with the powerpack out of the vehicle as opposed to while it is in the vehicle.

Unfortunately, most of us are changing the hose when the assembly is still in the truck.

:grd:

RL

oddshot

I bought my M35A2 so that I will always have a vehicle that will run, get me through anything, and can run on everything but water!
AMEN BROTHER!

Keep your PM up ... and she won't let you down.

The Deuce is the only vehicle that could get me out of my Ford 4x4 pickup.

oddshot

Monica

Well, yesterday while y'all were playing with your trucks, mine was moving a friend to his new home.

Spent Friday under her, though. Or rather, tried to spend Friday under her. Got to watch as a couple friends were working on her. Short of wrestling them for the creeper, I wasn't going to be able to work on my own truck. They were too bright eyed and excited to disappoint by doing that, though.

I'm workign on "corrupting" them. Both their wives are the type to chuckle, shake their heads, and let them play. I expect at least one MV at their house inside of a year.

Jimma

All those electronics and computers that are on the late model vehicles can be silenced by one emp being used or detonated.

Jimma

Yeah there are alot of members in Georgia. However, near me in the counties of Hart, Franklin, Elbert, Madison, Washington and Stephens I have not found any active members with deuces.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am new to MV's, and yesterday I learned how much fun a lower radiator hose can be. But I bought my M35A2 so that I will always have a vehicle that will run, get me through anything, and can run on everything but water!
You should try the bottom radiator hose on a 5 ton. I had to repaint the frame after telling that hose what I thought of it.

rlwm211

I think there are probably more connectors and parts that require

"SKINNED KNUCKLE JUICE"

to properly loosen or tighten than we would care to admit.

Then you have to clean the excess off afterwards.....

Seems like every time I am working under my truck, it is skinned knuckle time.

RL

i am new to the MV crowd too and it seems like youre men after my own heart i am 22 years old and HATE all the "electrickery" and "idiot proof" crap that we drive around with. I love the simplicity of the deuce i was just looking at the electrical diagrams today trying to troubleshoot a simple headlight problem. and i was thinking wow you don't have to have a degree in physics to understand this thing. Simple is better hands down! I can't wait for spring! and i hope to make it to one of these rally's you guys have too! Big trucks and guns that looks like a little slice of heaven to me!:beer: Git'r done fellers!!!

oddshot

I ... HATE all the "electrickery" and "idiot proof" crap that we drive around with.
Y'all gotta watch that electrickery stuff ... ya can't see it ... but its in there lurkin' ... watchin' ... waitin'

When you LEAST expect it ... it jumps out and BITES you!!!

One of the best things about these here Deuces ... NO SPARK PLUG WIRES!!!!! At least I ain't seen none yet. But that's the ways of Electrickery ... them wires are probably in there somewheres ... just lookin' to catch the unwary!!!

Electyrickery.

Sneaky ... Leaky ...

Rust will get you too!!! but its a lot slower ... more subtle.

oddshot

andystamey

I am starting to wonder if even electrical engineers like electricity??? I'm currently in an electrical class while working towards my AP (Airframe and Powerplant aircraft maintenance license) and every time the teacher even says the letters elec everyone begins to groan. :neutral:

Monica

Hey Oddshot.. You notice HeavySteven's location is also Kennesaw? It wasn't until I brought my big girl home and he spotted her in front of my house that we realized we only live 6 houses away from each other. How's that for proximity!

Jimma, I'm a transplant, and have no idea how close or far you are from me. Then again, I don't think I know squat, really, about down and dirty repairs.... yet. I do have the TMs.

oddshot

Hey Oddshot.. You notice HeavySteven's location is also Kennesaw? It wasn't until I brought my big girl home and he spotted her in front of my house that we realized we only live 6 houses away from each other. How's that for proximity!

DANG!!!!

We're practickally neighbors!

Maybe we should hold next years rally in Kennesaw!!!

Wouldn't that be a HOOT!

oddshot

Seth_O

Without gettin' all ZEN about it ... there is a certain joy and peace in working on stuff like this.
I spend all day in the office on the computer and phone. On weekends I get to pull out the wrenches and hand tools and really work - with my hands on heavy iron. It's the best way I have found to decompress!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks