• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm sure this has been covered but my search fu is weak..

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't think you'll find a bank willing to loan $$ for something that old.
Insurance should not be an issue. I use State Farm.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A local community bank may give you a loan using the m1009 as collateral. Most larger banks will not due to the age a M1009. There is a company called JJ best that specializes in loans for collectable/classic cars that would most likely finance vehicle if you are credit qualified and the M1009 has a title.

You could always borrow money using something else as collateral. You may could even get an unsecured loan for the purchase price since the loan would be relativley small for a M1009. The best option of course would be cash.

As far as insurance is concerned I would say the CUCV series is the easiest of all MVs to insure since they are basically standard Chevys.

GSP

Not worry about the age... I actually use a credit union, they gave me 80% of NADA fair on my Grand National.... So are these just titled as a K5?.... I'm not in a huge hurry, I could probably pull some money together in a few months, at least by winter

Last edited:

GSP

I've been reading about switching from 24v to 12v, the starter relay, and a few other things... Where else can I look for one that already has these things taken care of... Everything I've seen on here are still pretty close to mil spec....

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
somtimes I feel 71.....The 1009 could be titled any number of ways. i seen k5, m1009, chevy truck, blazer. etc

ida34

One thing to remember is the Vin will not decode like a blazer. It is actually a D10 not a K5. Some insurance places will hiccup when they can not decode the vin properly. The lady at my local DMV (Secretary of State) had trouble with this trying to find the GVW as the VIN would not decode for this either. She started to title it as a S-10 blazer until I told her to use the info from the K5 blazer. Lucky she was trusting and took me at my word. I have Allstate and have not had the insurance problems I described.

Midnight Rider

My bank gave me a loan to buy my 1009. They have a lien on the title for now. My bank isn't a large national chain bank or anything, but they have several branches in the area.

I think my 1009 is insured as a 85 Blazer. It wasn't a problem for Country Companies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are a member of a credit union that may be your best bet. If you live out in a rural area your local bank may lend you the money. My little brother can walk into the local country bank and walk out with a $50k loan on his signature. I could to if I ever banked with them. :)

They take your word to mean a lot around here.

sw

niferous

If you can afford a note you can save up and then just buy one cash. Take on some extra work and scrape up around $1500 which can get you a nice one. Going into debt over a vehicle is never a good idea. I understand that not very many people can afford a brand new car but we aren't talking about either. These are low cost items so you shouldn't have to get a loan. If you can afford the note you can afford to save. :-D