• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm up and running!!!

soldierman79

I bought this M1009 about a year and a half ago. When I got her, she was very mechanically sound. Had 42,000 miles on the odometer. However, the electrical components were a nightmare! :-|

It was owned by a police department and they had radios, lights, sirens, etc spliced and hacked into every conceivable harness on the vehicle. I had to rebuild Gen 2, replace or rewire every harness in the truck except for the engine harness.

Finished all the wiring last week...or so I thought. Everything worked (blinkers, parking lights, dash, etc) except for the brakes. I troubleshot the BO system, switches, relays, I traced every thing between the tail light and the batteries to no avail. :-?

So, i searched Steel Soldiers...and searched, and learned, and searched, and learned some more.

Long story short, it was the turn signal switch in the steering column that was the culprit.

So, today I loaded up my giggly 8 year old daughter and we drove that CUCV all afternoon. Our faces still hurt from smiling the whole time.

If it weren't for the collective knowledge, insight and wisdom here at SS, i'm positive that I would have set that thing ablaze long ago. ;)

Thanks! Y'all are alright in my book! :-D

P.S. I named her the Mud Dauber. I think it's sounds good. But, mostly because there wasn't a crack, crevice, corner or angle on this truck that didn't have a mud daubers nest in it when I first got her. I'm still finding the little buggers!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks