• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Impact wrench question

CycleJay

Speaking of impact wrenches,
Do any of you know if they ever made one that could plug into the 24v slave jump socket, in the front grill of an M1009?

Just wondering..

Any information would be appreciated..

Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving,

CJ

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
24 volt impact gun

Yes I have one and dont leave home without it. Im not sure of what company made it. It looks like a milwalkee but im not sure because it has no labels. It works great off any slave hook up andits got enough cord to reach the back of my deuce. I got mine from kublos surplus in NYS but I remember seeing 1 on ebay not to long ago so I wouldkeep an eye there.

Matt65

Zout makes a good point. I will say that I have found myself using a Dewalt 1/2" impact a lot lately at work over the pneumatics. They are somewhat pricey, but don't require compressors, hoses etc and are cordless which is great outside of the shop. The particular model im talking about is a little heavy/ bulky, but there are smaller ones available. I have used these for driving lag bolts, removing Lug nuts, large rusted bolts come off very easily. Battery life is good, and the power is impressive. I use a small invertor to recharge the batteries in my M1008. I thought it was a 24v gun, but it looks like the one below.

http://dewalt.com/tools/cordless-impact-driverswrenches-high-torque-wrenches-dw059b.aspx

Vintage iron

I have a 5 ton M813 and don't find a impact driver very helpful. I use a 3/4 drive ratchet with a long handle to get things started. I use a gear reduction lug wrench to break lug nuts. I work for a heavy truck repair shop and we use it all the time. I haven't found a lug nut, it can't remove yet! One thing to remember though, make sure your going the right direction. It will break off a wheel stud! It maybe better on a CUCV OR A HUMMV, but not at $545.00

always wire brush all your hardware and put on anti-seize before re-assembly. You will make road side repairs much easier!