• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Import question about vehicle age

derekchace

Hello Guys,

Im looking to expand my armor fleet and add a CAMAC CAV 100 (Land Rover Snatch 1) year would be 1991-93 . My question is there a minimum age requirement on vehicles for non road use when import on a form 6? I didn't run into this problem with my 75 Shorland APC as of its age. I know in order to get a DOT/EPA release if you plan to drive a imported vehicle on the road it must be 25 years old. How ever does this still apply for military vehicles that wont be used on the road. I know when you import you can file it as non road worthy and thus by pass DOT/EPA. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.

martinwcox

The Form-6 as you know does not really deal with age but what it is you are importing. The EPA forms all reference 21 years or older at least for engines (I am about to bring a spare J60 Jaguar engine in from Canada that's 1970's vintage) and the DOT forms all say 25 years or older for vehicles to be exempt. Even off-road vehicles have to conform.

So you may well be stuck due to the age, buy an older one!

Cheers,

Martin.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks