• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Important Fuel Injection Pump question, please help

1956_4x4

galeo7171 said:
I found the leak in my 86 M1009. I traced it up to the injection pump. I took the breather off and noticed fuel leaking from the driver's side of the pump. It looks to be leaking where the throttle cable attaches ( I don't know what the exact part is called). Heres a pic, the leak is coming from somewhere inside the red circle. What do I need to do to fix it. It doesn't leak when the truck is running, only when you shut the truck off.
Does one need special tools or equipment to replace the throttle shaft seals? Is it something that can be done on the truck without pulling the pump? It looks like the intake manifold will need to be pulled to gain access to the shaft.

I ask because my pump is leaking in the same location. The truck still runs great, but I can't afford to be dumping money on the ground. I have a complete seal kit for the pump, but have been holding off on tearing into it...fear of the unknown.

Smitty

TOBEXA

so i think i know what is wrong with it......look at picture.......fuel filter base is missing.....and what is that thing there instead. where can i get this base?

Attachments

dependable

RE 1956 4x4.
My understanding is that the stanodyne, though not rocket science, is not something worth figuring out unless you are into it, like TH 400s. There are special tools invoved, ect.

sermis

I have a local rebuilder that might make you a good deal. He built me a 6.5 pump from one of his cores. He originally quoted me $350 but I am not sure that was my price or his going price. I think it is his going price. He builds a lot of pumps and turbos for Ft. Hood.