• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In a bind, dash turn indicators not working, left rear indicator dim.

iacucv

Hey fellas, I'm in the process of moving so I'm in a pinch and I don't have time to really hunt this down myself, so if it's something dumb I apologize up front!

had to sent the 1008 to the shop to drill out a broken starter bolt. She runs great now but the turn signal indicators on the dash do not light up. Also the left rear blinker is dim, however all are working. I checked all fuses under the dash, and the ground above the e brake. Is there a fuseable link or something that could've gotten fried, or another fuse etc somewhere else that could've popped hooking/unhooking the batteries or something? Thanks guys!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually a bad ground. Spots to look at are the grounds on the radiator support. One on each side. The ground tabs inside the bulb sockets. And the ground wire for th inside wiring harness. It terminates at the 6 legged connector next to the emergency brake.

iacucv

Thanks fellas. I don't think its a bulb issue, thinking ground because my radio quit as well at the same time. I checked the inside wiring harness ground, I'll take a look at the radiator support grounds.

iacucv

Warthog, could you enlighten me to the location of the drivers side radiator support ground? Got the pass side one all cleaned up and same problem. Couldn't find the drivers side one but didn't tear into it much, the kiddo woke up and cut my garage time short. Thanks!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the engine compartment Right above the headlight. Sometimes you have to move the radiator overflow bottle.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worse comes to worse you can always use hand signals or do like 60% of the drivers do, use nothing.

iacucv

Lol very true Recovery. Unfortunately this old girl is getting sold, too much to move and too far to move it.

The more I think about it, maybe I need to wire wheel off that inside wiring harness ground to make sure. That makes more sense as if I remember right that's where I grounded the radio.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worse comes to worse you can always use hand signals or do like 60% of the drivers do, use nothing.
Huh--- 60 percent? Wow~! You guys must have some really strict laws in your state 'cause where we live it's more like 100 percent NADA~! Figured they must have repealed the turn signal laws here in my state and I'm the only one who didn't know it... I'm always behind the times like that~!