• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In cab engine governor located

autigers35a3

I located the rpm limit switch/bolt today.
Installed under the pedal is a 3/4 hex head bolt that stops the pedal. Never noticed it until today while removing chains from floor.
Another find under the drivers seat was a box of zip lock bags.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I drove deuces in Germany it was an Article 15 (non-judicial punishment) offense to remove that bolt. It was put there for a good reason......if you want more fuel turn up the pump.

Putting more fuel to the engine is an "every action has a reaction" kind of thing.

There are a lot of threads on this subject.

I just noticed that you have an A3.

Any engine painted yaller is going to cost you out the wazoo when it breaks.....I would not hasten the process by twisting that Cat's tail.

The A3 is a dog.....it was designed by an idiot after consulting with a group of morons.

It is what it is......you can't gold plate a turd.

If you grenade a multi-fuel you can replace it pretty cheap......if that Cat comes unglued you are looking at some serious money to repair or replace it.

Just my unsolicited advice for what it is worth.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That bolt is just a throttle pedal stop. All it does is to make it so the pedal travel doesn't over travel the throttle travel in the fuel pump. If you remove it or give the pedal more travel, no performance increase will be had, you'll just end up breaking sonething in the pump throttle shaft.

The zip locks are BII on an A3.:lol:

big block 88

You have an A3 without a cat motor? I have heard of a couple A3's around here that kept there MF engines but I'm not sure how it happened

Last edited:

mktopside

Banned
That bolt is not a governor. Lol

The TM describes throttle operation and how the governor works, throttle pedal input on the A3 is more of a "suggestion" to the fuel governor, than an absolute.

FWIW, the 3116 in an A3 already will spin higher than you really should spin it. "DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE" when it comes to increasing RPM on the 3116. Despite WMs biased opinion, the 3116 is a reliable motor....... Provided you don't do something stupid like make it spin faster than it should. He is right about what it'll cost you if you break it.

CobraCDR

Score! Free box of zip lock bags!

As for the green CAT engine... mine is a nice CARC green as well. The nice thing about the green ones is you don't get stuck paying the "CAT yellow" price for parts!

All of the A3's were rebuilt under the Extended Service Program (ESP), so if you saw an A3 with a MF engine, it was a modification that someone made after buying the truck.

Last edited: