• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

in cab heater

tm america

i'm wanting to move my heater into the cab like on the a3 . my question is when they do this is the heater box bolted to the firewall or to the dash supports that go just under the glove box.i want to move it inside so it will work better and free up some space under the hood making it easier to work on the engine :-Dwho has done this and any pics would be really helpfull.thanks in advance :-Done other question is how much louder is the blower motor when its in the cab

deuceman51

The ones I have seen on the A2s just bolt on to the glovebox bracket and they torched a hole through the firewall for the heater hoses. As far as noise, you probably won't hear the heater over the motor, lol. They aren't too loud and if they are, they need some lubrication.

tm america

i have a muffler on my truck so just want to look at it from every angle pros and cons.i guess i'm gonna have to move my airline hook up a little to so it doesnt get blocked by the heater:roll:

YankeeDuece

Your install will work with the stock under-dash air distribution box, however, it will not look neat and clean like an A3. The A3 uses the same distribution box as the M39 series, right side inlet. You will need to loop the 3" ducting under the dash 180deg. and enter the box on the left side.

Your install will work with the stock under-dash air distribution box, however, it will not look neat and clean like an A3. The A3 uses the same distribution box as the M39 series, right side inlet. You will need to loop the 3" ducting under the dash 180deg. and enter the box on the left side.

Or strip the diverter box apart and flip it.

I dont know if i can get enough light in the barn to get a picture for you but on my M819 (PC2) I installed the heater unit under the dash inside.

to cold rite now but a little later today i will try to snap a pic for you.

cbvet

TM,
I just installed a heater under the dash in one of my Deuces. (Well actually, I still have to get & install the defroster hose & hook up the electric.) It's not an easy job, but not that bad either. The toughest part was removing the pipe plugs. I highly recommend you have an 8-point socket on hand for the square plugs, and a breaker bar.
My first Deuce has the heater mounted under the dash & it works great.
I'm over in Knox, maybe 50 miles away, if you'd like to look at mine.
Eric

runk

A3 dash mounts

I was just looking at an A3 last weekend for this detail. The heater is mounted on some adapters on the dash supports under the glove box. All of the individual parts sure looked the same as the A2, just turned and flipped.

ctmustang

I have seen some of the jeep heaters under the dash and they are small in size but heat very nicely. Search the forum I know there are some writeups on the install I have seen them. I don't think you have to flip invertor with the jeep box.
C.T.

the inside mount makes a huge difference with the output of the heater.

Its raising the temp of warmer air instead of allways trying to heat cold air.

very big difference!

it gets cold here and i use the low setting on the blower alot.

one draw back on my instalation is if the blower motor fails you cant use the forward motion of the vehicle to push air through the heater box.

Last edited:

IMA944T

I am going to install mine inside today. the divertor box is what I am wondering about. i don't have a A3 box so mine enters from left side. Someone mentioned dissassembling it and flipping internals. i don't see how this is done?? Can it be done. Am I stupid or having brain fart?

militarysteel

does anyone think mounting it under the passenger seat is a ok idea or feasible?

Thanks,

my brother stole my heater, so i am going to re-install one, with the heater-core-box incab like the A3,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks