• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

in frame engine overhaul

Well guys, I just wanted to post the after after action report on the overhaul.... I didnt think we would have a hard time finding a solenoid, but in our travels we noticed 3 different starter set ups... the first truck didnt have a solenoid anywhere on the block, so we went to another truck and noticed 4 wires hooked to the solenoid, while ours had only 3. We went to the third truck and found the dame set up as mine... we then compared starters and to us it looks like there were different starter units used... anyone confirm or deny this? I pulled the correct solenoid off and hooked it up to mine.. did some last minute checks and again said a prayer.....
I hit the starter button and she began to crank.. and with a few puffs of smoke, she took off!!! I watched the gauges and i noticed she idles at 900 rpm, and picked up oil pressure in 9 seconds... she has a pressure of 90 lbs and whistles nice !! I left her run and checked for leaks and anything that might cause problems and shut her down. Im leaving here soon with a recovery vehicle.... just in case something goes screwy... hopping to have her home within the hr. :driver: What a crazy project, but it was fun as **** !!! :drool: