• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In Line Air Oiler?????

Titanium Soldier

I keep hearing about oiling your airpack and looked around a little, i havent seen anybody post anything about an inline air oiler for air tools, has anybody done this?? Or would it be a bad idea?? like putting oil where it shouldnt be and ruining something, like your airhorns?? I have been thinking about doing this for a little while, but im still a FNG when it comes to this truck.. so any advice or criticism would be appreciated

wdbtchr

Been thinking about that myself, I have to replace the air tank on my all terrain forklift that's full of pin holes. I couldn't find the original part/stock number, not in the manual. I settled on a larger air tank I found on Epay that I'm going to mount on the hood. I'm also adding a cooler between the pump and the tank and putting an oiler inplace of the alcohol injector. I'll never need alcohol and I figure the oil injector should help with the air over hydraulic brakes and the air operated throttle.

rrrr

I added an air conditioner to mine similar to the new trucks. Do a search and you'll find more information.

135gmc

Check the LO and you'll see that they dion't need a lot of oil - If you install an air-tool lubricator, be sure you can really pinch down its oil feed rate, and plan on checking it from time to time. An M35 vibrates a lot more than an oiler designed for wall mounting was designed for, and it might not hold its adjustment very well.

Titanium Soldier

Check the LO and you'll see that they dion't need a lot of oil - If you install an air-tool lubricator, be sure you can really pinch down its oil feed rate, and plan on checking it from time to time. An M35 vibrates a lot more than an oiler designed for wall mounting was designed for, and it might not hold its adjustment very well.
Thats the other thing i was worring about, to much oil... but still not sure if that would really screw anything up!

plym49

I would imagine that the wipers and horns don't need oil. If the delivery rate is way down as already recommended, it should not matter. If things get sloppy, you can add an oil separator to the wipers/horns.

I recently lubricated the front and rear of my air pack with air tool oil. At first there was really no difference but after a couple of dozen good stops pedal feel has greatly improved/

Titanium Soldier

I would imagine that the wipers and horns don't need oil. If the delivery rate is way down as already recommended, it should not matter. If things get sloppy, you can add an oil separator to the wipers/horns.

I recently lubricated the front and rear of my air pack with air tool oil. At first there was really no difference but after a couple of dozen good stops pedal feel has greatly improved/
Definitely forgot about the wipers!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks