• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In Louisiana - prep for high water

zguinness

I live where all the flooding is going on. Now that I know my family is secure I'm ready to get out and do what I can. I've read the procedure for getting a 5 ton ready for high water but it's been a while. Could those with knowledge please give me the quick breakdown on what I need to do?

Thanks!

sandcobra164

Check your axle vents to ensure they are functional and sealing when not venting. Take them out and attempt to suck air from the axle side. Stay away from water more than about 4 foot deep and enjoy. If you spend much time in the water, you will be in for a treat as all 6 hubs will need to be removed to clean and repack the wheel bearings as well as an entire undercarriage grease job. Its routine maintenance and if it has not been done yet, then will be a great time to get started. If you stay under 2 feet of water, you should be fine. Be careful if you have moving water. It does not take much to completely sweep your truck away into the deep.