• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In memory of MWMULES/Ga rally

davesgmc

As many of you may know Dave passed away earlier this year. He and I were pretty close in friendship as he lived not too far from me, we went on may of trips in the short time we knew each other. One such trip was the ga rally. I can’t remember the year, but it was the only time I was there. and had a blast. he took one of his m1030 military Kawasaki’s with him and my knuckle head son was riding it around. If you were there, you remember him getting it stranded WAAY back in the woods and we had to take a golf cart out to jump start it to get it back. Dave wasn’t too happy about the situation, but all survived. That bike I believe had sat, on a trailer parked in Dave’s gage ever since then. don’t think it had run since then. it went to a few shows, stayed on the trailer, and was put on display.

Well, I ended up buying the bike, its now part of my collation of ill never sell vehicle as it has a lot of meaning to me. no, moto boy (my son) won’t be riding it any more at all.

the carb was completed trashed up, its was removed and a anew one put on, tank cleaned out, oil changed and it lives, it runs and drives perfectly.
It will go to shows and parade and be ridden by me, it will shortly get some new painted on stenciling to replace the peeling stickers. and have Dave’s name permanently stenciled on it in his memory too.
here are a few pics of then and now. pretty much nothing has changed.

oh, it STILL has red georgia caly/dirt on it from that trip 10 years ago.

Attachments

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have helped Dave load and move his military dirt bike collection a few times and he had an impressive collection and parts for them. We have a couple Honda crf100fs that were from the same special forces his recent ones were from that he restored and helped guide us on ours as well since they were bought at the same time. I miss talking with Dave and looking through all his goodies he had and stuff he gave me that I treasure as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks