• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need of a brake combination valve

Stihl029

Ok the original P/N was 25515635, which is NSN 2530-01-156-8317. This NSN gives several parts from multiple manufactures.
General Motors Company DBA General Motors: 1257200
Eaton- Aeroquip INC DIV Fluid connector products: 131-80434
Dana Corp Weatherhead DIV : 131-80434
There is one more; listed from a company in Morocco: 2530011568317

The only one I see available is from AVINEX INC (631-847-0262) and they have one.

Stihl029

I use a few sites from the private sector. I have to find NSN's some times for gear that is 10-30 years old with very little to go on when we are DRMOing gear. My favorite site is www.nsn-now.com however they are not always 100 percent up to date, usually Fedlog is so I use multiple sources depending upon whether I am at work, home, or traveling.

ctmustang

or you might try napa. Should be the same as civi. We get these once in a while from napa or different parts houses. May have to wait overnite but what the heyyyyyyyy.

robesetz

combination valve

Southdave,
Did you ever find a combination valve? I think I need to replace mine. I had multiple problems with my brakes and lots of leaks so I replaced my hydro boost, Master cylinder, rotors, calipers, pads and rubber lines. Everything bleed well, clean fluid all around and I have a nice firm pedal, however my passenger side front brakes still drag and got very hot only after about a half of a mile test drive. So I’m thinking I need a combination valve. The problem is I can’t seem to find one for a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

southdave

got mine from a company out of NC, belive it or not. I bought this one from them because it is dual use for rear disk or drums. Great support from the the company. send me a PM and I send you contact info this weekend. BTW 1t was about 128 bucks shipped about the same if not cheaper than OEM part

four_by_ken

I do believe you are talking about a proportioning valve?

If so, they do not make them new anymore. You will need to find a good used one for an exact replacement.

Otherwise the adjustable ones you can get through aftermarket shops will work fine.

robesetz

I would call it a proportioning valve also but the -20 calls it a combination valve. Rumor has it that It does a little more then a run of the mill proportioning valve. Reguardless of what its called I still need one! Thanks.

NMC_EXP

In need of brake combination valve
The GM part number trail ends at p/n 1257200. GM no longer stocks it.

NAPA and OReilly do not have it.

Found a viable source for this and a lot of obsolete brake parts:

Inline Tube - Preformed Stainless & OEM Brake Line Sets

Company called Inline Tube out of Michigan.

Per Mark in tech help the replacement for an 86 K5 Blazer is p/n VCT-105. The part is in stock.

Price is $85

Valve body is brass.

Ordered one today. Got my fingers crossed - I'm running out of things to replace to correct a front brake drag problem.

Regards

Jim