• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

in need of starter

beanman1

hey yall i am in need of a starter bad for a 1009 i have a gear reduction starter on mine the armature went out and took out the brushes i am unemployed so dont have alot of money if anyone has one with a busted nose cone i would be glad to take it off your hands so i could use it for parts please let me know

beanman1

i got 1 response back wich is very helpful i have seen there has been 29 different views even if you did view a response would be nice dont wrry i am not mad i am just trying to get my truck going because it is the only thing i have and my 3 yr old daughter is driving me nuts she wants to go to the park

kapnklug

Hey Beanman1, I'm in the middle of converting my M1009 to 12V and have a 24v starter that I won't need. The vehicle odometer shows 40K miles and it always started easily. You can have it for $20, plus shipping to GA by UPS ground is $30 for a total of $50 if interested let me know.

m38inmaine

I have to confirm when I get home but I have a gear reduction starter that I robbed the nose cone from, just need to confirm it was 24v.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
His luck happened yesterday. He has a new gear reduction starter heading his way. And it looks like parts to rebuild his busted one, so he should be up and running shortly.