• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

in tank fuel pump M275a2

johan77

Hi guys,
finally took out the fuel tank, drained it, took the pump out , cleaned the screens on the bottom, tested it in some diesel, it gives good and fast diesel.
the main reason i took the tank from under the truck was to check on my fuel pump, there was no fuse in it, so i always started without it, when 24 volts applied on the pump , directly on the fuse clamp, without fuse, the pump was running but no diesel was reaching even the primary filter so i assumed the rubber hose was broken .
the hose clamp was not tightend. i put all back together, did the test again and now it is starting from the fist push on the button, hot or cold, no matter what, it just starts very quick.
The main issue now is that when i put a fuse in it ( a 2amp fuse (i dont think its a slow blow) it blows within 5 seconds, when i combine the fuse with a tiny piece of electrical wire, the pump works a bit longer but the wire becomes very hot, in fact so hot the plastic insulation on the wire starts to melt, however i measure only between 1 and 1.8 amps on the + wire when running the pump. i seriously doubt that a slow blow fuse of 2 amps can take that.
what can be this issue ? the pump is wirring very fine, and smooth, when it stops it does not immediatly comes to a stop but keeps turning for some seconds so all is loose enough.
the pump is a tokheim model 558 24VDC.

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
probably not your issue but I think the original fuse was a 2.5 amp. . I run 3s in my trucks

johan77

UPDATE !!!!!!

new pump installed.... correct fuse in it... no more problems
However... the old pump had the 24vlt wire directly on top, non removable... the new pump had a connector on the top side (push/turn) like the older model douglas connectors so i had to improvise... its working for now so i know the pump was the issue. It has to go one more time from under the truck when i find one of the connectors for the pump

Attachments

Paul.McLean.US

Hi guys,
finally took out the fuel tank, drained it, took the pump out , cleaned the screens on the bottom, tested it in some diesel, it gives good and fast diesel.
the main reason i took the tank from under the truck was to check on my fuel pump, there was no fuse in it, so i always started without it, when 24 volts applied on the pump , directly on the fuse clamp, without fuse, the pump was running but no diesel was reaching even the primary filter so i assumed the rubber hose was broken .
the hose clamp was not tightend. i put all back together, did the test again and now it is starting from the fist push on the button, hot or cold, no matter what, it just starts very quick.
The main issue now is that when i put a fuse in it ( a 2amp fuse (i dont think its a slow blow) it blows within 5 seconds, when i combine the fuse with a tiny piece of electrical wire, the pump works a bit longer but the wire becomes very hot, in fact so hot the plastic insulation on the wire starts to melt, however i measure only between 1 and 1.8 amps on the + wire when running the pump. i seriously doubt that a slow blow fuse of 2 amps can take that.
what can be this issue ? the pump is wirring very fine, and smooth, when it stops it does not immediatly comes to a stop but keeps turning for some seconds so all is loose enough.
the pump is a tokheim model 558 24VDC.
Howdy, does that screen assembly just pull off? I took out the screws, I can twist it a bit, but I want to clean it up a bit.

johan77

Howdy, does that screen assembly just pull off? I took out the screws, I can twist it a bit, but I want to clean it up a bit.
Hi, yes, with the screws out you should be able to pull off the bottom part ( the part with the output line and the screen, and the magnetic disc or some sort sits also in that part...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks