• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In-tank fuel pump

Brad Nitzke

I was grtting my truck ready for a show, flipped the switch and the fuel pump was just a whining. So i pulled the line off, turned the pump on but i didnt get any fuel. So i pulled the pump out to find the plate on the bottom was gone, but with a little fishin in the tank i found it, put it all back together and it still didnt pump. So i orderd an external pump, got a pre filter and a spin-on primary filtter. Mounted everything by the tank to make it easy to repair and for filtter changes. I also got rid of the OEM primay filtter.

Attachments

hklvette

FWIW, The original pumps are still available new. I know, I bought one from the company that still makes them for my M35 when I had it. Can't remember the company's name off the top of my head. Someone may remember quicker than I.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oem primary filter also acts as a water seperator.

Did you find all of the pump plates? If it spun, and was assembled correctly, it should work.(very basic).

Jeepsinker

If yo ever get any frame flex you will rip those fuel lines off. It looks like you at least got a filter with a built in water separator though, that's good. I will be replacing my primary with a similar setup but in the factory spot. I found a primary filter with water separator that is five micron rated that works with my base.

Brad Nitzke

I dont think i found everything for the pump. There is plenty of give in the fuel lines for frame flex. And yes it has a built in water separator.

KaiserM109

FWIW, The original pumps are still available new. I know, I bought one from the company that still makes them for my M35 when I had it. Can't remember the company's name off the top of my head. Someone may remember quicker than I.
http://www.occorp.com/?page=Pumps

I put one in my deuce a couple of years ago after trying everything to avoid the $250, including a suck-n-spit inline pump for $75. It was a waste of money because it couldn't put out the needed volume, so I finally bit the bullet and did it right. The $250 only buys you the sealed motor; you have to use your frame and pump.

I would be leary about buying any pull-out pump because, unless you have some test equipment and know the specs on the motors, such as nominal current draw, you can't tell what ya got til it's gone. A $50 pump might last you forever, or it might crap out on you back in the woods where the sun don't shine.

JasonS

http://www.occorp.com/?page=Pumps

I put one in my deuce a couple of years ago after trying everything to avoid the $250, including a suck-n-spit inline pump for $75. It was a waste of money because it couldn't put out the needed volume, so I finally bit the bullet and did it right. The $250 only buys you the sealed motor; you have to use your frame and pump.

I would be leary about buying any pull-out pump because, unless you have some test equipment and know the specs on the motors, such as nominal current draw, you can't tell what ya got til it's gone. A $50 pump might last you forever, or it might crap out on you back in the woods where the sun don't shine.
A buddy of mine who builds generators using the multi found out the same thing; the inline pumps lack the volume. He uses the stock M35a2 tank and pump. Cheap, easy, and it works. As far as the Parker pumps... at $50 each, I can afford to purchase a quantity of the pumps and test each before using.

rustystud

Only the motor? I think I would want to go ahead and get the entire pump.
That's wrong. I bought a new "Olympic" pump 6 months ago and it comes complete. You just have to mount it in the holding fixture which uses just a cam-over clamp to hold it in place. My old pump lasted 26 years, so I'm not worried about this one lasting the rest of my life. My son can replace it when he gets the truck.

Reaper651

That's wrong. I bought a new "Olympic" pump 6 months ago and it comes complete. You just have to mount it in the holding fixture which uses just a cam-over clamp to hold it in place. My old pump lasted 26 years, so I'm not worried about this one lasting the rest of my life. My son can replace it when he gets the truck.
Ok good. It didn't make much sense to replace just the motor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks