• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In-Tank Fuel Pump

Alredneck

Banned
The fine mesh may help keep trash from getting stuck in the pump, then again it may hurt flow using different fuels. The new pump says 28 volts on it have you wired it to 24 to see if it will work and if so then what will the new rate of flow be and fuel psi be? Do the connectors match up so you dont have to butcher your wiring harness? If it was a free pump id try it a if it runs good then run the heck out of it. But on the other hand you could always try trading it for the right pump. Me I went the cheap route and bought a universal inline pump and wire a seperate circuit for it. That way one day if I come into some money I can get a new stock pump without hurting nothing and the universal will be my emergency for now on

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
Its a Carter 12V P61295S it was like just over $50 bucks so not to bad at the local Napa. You can have them order you a 24V one made by Carter if you want and I believe its about $80 buck if im not mistaken. I have dual post on my batts so I just wired up a seperated circuit which I needed to do anyway for my phone charger and some accs im goin to add in awhile. So do what ya like. Got questions give me a holler! Captain

zak

Scooter I found it on Ebay. Alredneck I run just straight diesel so the small screen shouldn't be a problem. I haven't had a chance to see how it runs yet. If it works ok it will mount in the original holder and the wires will have to be cut to fit. The truck is about 150 miles away from home so I wanted to keep some spares with it just in case. I still don't know what the pump fit originally.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think this pump(pictured above) is a NSN 2910-01-083-3153. Maybe someone can figure out the application with the NSN?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks