• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In-tank pigtail/twist lock

DaneGer21

Either I’m not using the correct verbiage, or I just can’t find any, but does anyone know where to locate an in-tank pigtail? Or at least just a twist lock plug for the pump?

Long story short, I sold a NOS pump which uses a twist lock plug. The guy who bought it had a plug that was pressed on his pump, not the twist lock. My pump didn’t include one, and I’m trying to help him hunt one down.

Any help locating I’d appreciate…thanks

Attachments

INFChief

Either I’m not using the correct verbiage, or I just can’t find any, but does anyone know where to locate an in-tank pigtail? Or at least just a twist lock plug for the pump?

Long story short, I sold a NOS pump which uses a twist lock plug. The guy who bought it had a plug that was pressed on his pump, not the twist lock. My pump didn’t include one, and I’m trying to help him hunt one down.

Any help locating I’d appreciate…thanks
This might not be the only seller.
1650451010383.png

Gypsyman

INFChief got you on the right path. That shell appears to be the same one that is on the pump. To connect to the pump I think you need the mating shell listed below. Also available though Erik's.

Upon closer inspection it looks like the female socket is included. Item on the left in the photo.

Richard

Last edited:

Gypsyman

Douglas Connector.jpg

Does anyone know of a source for the pin shown in the above photo? NSN 5999-00-057-2929. I've run every part number that I can find to no avail.

Last edited:

INFChief

INFChief got you on the right path. That shell appears to be the same one that is on the pump. To connect to the pump I think you need the mating shell listed below. Also available though Erik's.

Upon closer inspection it looks like the female socket is included. Item on the left in the photo.

Richard
Good catch & good point. Got to get the correct connector end - socket or pin.

Gypsyman

Saturn Surplus has the connector shell and socket but they are out of male pins and have no more coming. That's why I was asking about the pins in my post above. If nothing else you would need to sacrifice a Packard connector set and rob the pin from it.

DaneGer21

I ordered two of these kits shown below. Everyone seems to be out of the parts kits, but I found these pre assembled ones. I’ll cut the wire and add on the length needed, then heat shrink/silicone/heat shrink/and so on. I’ll test my waterproof connection in a bucket before the fuel tank.

For less than $10 for one kit, I’ll give it a shot…

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks