• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In-tank pump problems

rustystud

Don't waste your time, its not worth it. Pull the power cord off and chuck the rest in the trash.
I'll take the old pump if you don't feel like pulling the old power cord off.

I've taken a bunch apart and never got them to run right. If you do tear into it, watch out for the BB that will fall out and never be seen again!
I talked with a Tech at "OlympicControl" pumps (the makers of our factory fuel pumps) and he said that the way they are put together ( hermetically sealed) doesn't allow them to be rebuilt. So just like gimpyrobb said, just toss it.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well when I say "I'll tear in down when I get a chance to see what's going on" I must admit really means "I'll throw in in the pile with all my other broken parts and never fool with it again". I guess you could call me a hoarder when it comes to MV parts. Seems every time I throw something away I'll shortly thereafter find a use or re-purpose for it.

Guess it was a good thing I held onto that old dented fuel tank with a hole in it, that's where my replacement pump came from.

rustystud

I totally agree about keeping old parts around. You never know when that small bracket or adapter or wire or whatever is needed until your trying to buy a new one ! I guess I got this way from my father who lived through the "Great Depression". In that day you never threw anything away since you never knew when you might need a bolt or screw or even a bent old nail or piece of yarn. My wife of course is the total opposite ! She will through away perfectly good food if it's more then a couple of days old ! Which is ironic since she has accidently given me food poisoning 3 times in just the last 4 years ! Then again maybe they weren't accidents ? :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks