• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In tank pump....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Should you be able to hear it when you turn the master switch on? On one of my 109A3's I can hear it when I turn the switch on, on the other I can't, any input?

FSBruva

You can't hear it even when you stand next to the tank?

Do you have power to the pump?
Is it grounded adequately?
Is your fuse blown?

Use the search function - the manuals and PS magazines cover troubleshooting pumps.

Matt

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Negative, on one truck I can hear it sitting in the cab, on the other.....nothing, As far as your other questions/advice, I haven't gotten that far, it got dark out and the truck runs fine....

Oh, and thanks for the "search advice"

art

Put your hand on the top of the in tank pump and have some one turn on and off the ignition switch.
you should feel the pump vibrate.
If it's not working, take off the top cover and check the fuse with a ohm meter.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Art, at work right now, will post what I find later today when I get home.
Was looking at the Schematics in the TM last night before bed, I hate electronic copies, much rather have a book in hand!

halftrack

If you unplug the buzzer under the dash you should be able to hear the fuel pump. If you do not hear it, then it is not working. On every M35A2 that I owned, you could hear the fuel pump when it was working.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My pump didn't work in my 109 when I got it. If you have to work on yours, wait till you are low on fuel! In order to get the pump out, you will need to unbolt the tank straps so you can slide the tank out from under the 109 box. I don't like to use the drain plug on the bottom of the tank, as I've seen so many busted. Just a word of warning, just because you can hear the pump doesn't mean its working. Mine had the bottom fall off and that caused it to not put out any fuel. Good luck on whatever you do.

SuperJoe

this question is slightly off topic but i have a curosity that i cant handle. there is a little chain that holds the fuel cap into a sleve in the tank. if you take the sleve up and twist it it stays up. you cannot remove it however. what is that sleve for?

wdbtchr

To catch the big chunks that get in your fuel when you fill it. I've had leaves, twigs, and acorns hit the hole while filling up.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Superjoe, that sleve IS removable, and it should have a screen in it that keeps out big crud as stated above.

SuperJoe

i seen the screen. also i see now that i needed some more turn to get it out. thanks for the good words like always fellas

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok, fuse was blown, it had a 3amp in there so I replaced it with a 25 amp fuse so it wouldn't blow again.

Lol, I put another 3amp in and it works fine now

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
wdbtchr said:
Maybe you should have put in one of those Harbor Freight fuses that can stand 50 amps without blowing. :lol:
Lol, When I found the blown fuse I went over to my soon to be parts truck 109, and the fuse in that truck had tinfoil wrapped around it.... :shock:

Attachments