• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In the market for a M35a2 but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsucougarx

MV's are an investment from what I have seen. They only go up in value as long as you take care of them. I'm on the fence of selling my USAF 1988 M35A2C with winch. Wondering what the value would be for her.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't get much of a pickup, for 10K, by comparison. A half-way dependable Deuce, with all the big pieces still there, ought to be worth that.

nchittendon

Mine was in great shape with some add-ons, picked it up for $4k. It depends on the seller really. I've seen trucks in way worse shape than mine go for 6-8 grand. Take your time, shop around.

rustystud

MV's are an investment from what I have seen. They only go up in value as long as you take care of them. I'm on the fence of selling my USAF 1988 M35A2C with winch. Wondering what the value would be for her.
Considering how rare that model is (with winch) , I would keep it for a few more years. By then the price will be in the high teens possibly the 20's ( considering condition of course) .

FloridaAKM

I have a 1987 M35A2C Air Force truck that is wo/w that I would not sell for $10,000.00 as chances of finding another like it or better would be very slim. Due to the conditions of the market now, buying another would be an investment move if the price was right. People who have a yard full are the winners in this game so far if they want to sell.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm with Rusty, the value of a late model AF truck w/ winch will double in the next 5-10 years. Keep it high and dry and in good running condition.
JC

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not turn this into a Want Ad. They are not allowed in the open forums.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The prices go up. Supply and demand. I pulled my truck off the ads because of it because I need time to rethink the future. That way when the future gets here I can be run over by it. ;-)

Flyingvan911

If the condition is good it will be worth some money. One consideration is the current question of whether or not the government will resume selling military vehicles to civilians. If they resume then the increased supply will keep prices lower. If the supply ends up being limitted to what is currently in civilian hands then prices will go up quite a bit since demand is ever present.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the deuce inventory was pretty much depleted before this latest stall. If you want a M35 (any variation) they're probably already out of the govt's hands. On line civilian auctions are a crap shoot with people thinking they're sitting on bricks of gold when they're not. Your best bet is to look around for one for sale near you (classifieds here, craigslist, etc), go look at it, figure you're looking at (at least) $4k for a decent runner, then decide where you're willing to go moneywise from there based on condition, extras, and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks