• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In the market for a M35a2 but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swindad2

Prices vary, sometimes wildly, according to condition and owner. I bought my 69 a little over a year ago for $5,500 + $600 for a ride on a lowboy. It came complete with everything working. 2008 CARC, new bows and tarp, electric wiper kit, heater, and nice condition soft top. I did find out the air pack was shot (good thing I had it hauled). All said and done, with parts and upgrades, I probably have around $7,500 in it now. I still think I got a good deal.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Year doesn't matter a whole lot for an A2. It is more important the condition and what accessories so this has a lot to do with the price. The 80's model USAF trucks have dual circuit brakes which is a good thing and were the last ones made and the USAF probably took good care of them by keeping them in a somewhat controlled environment. I have a hard top, power steering, with winch, JTonka spin on filters, heater, fiberglass racks, decent canvas tarp, drop side, with an A3 seat, A3 bumper (the b/o light replaced with an IR light) and A3 tires. The serial number of the truck was assigned to me when I was in the service. I've known this truck almost as long as I've known my wife. If someone shows up with $50K, I'll probably (note probably) sell it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Find one you like that you feel is reasonable price wise and buy it. I have been asked by everyone under the sun whats going to happen and I don't know any more than the man in the moon does!

All those guys that think they are sitting on gold now will sh!t when the gov decides they all need to be turned into scrap!

Its a crap shoot no matter how you see it. No way we can tell what will happen.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Besides not turning this into a Want Ad/For Sale ad, please keep all the "No more trucks" speculation out of the discussion.

aboonski

Pulled mine off the market until the smoke clears with the recent news of military vehicles no longer being sold to the general public. I live in Florida too and having a deuce is great during flooding situations like Tropical Storm Fay. If you are ever up by Exit 180 of Interstate 95 you are within five minutes of where I live. You can send me a PM to let me know your plans and I will be glad to show you the truck I have which is a 1968 M35A2C dropside with air assisted steering and it is a winch truck too. If you have not been around these trucks very much there's a lot to learn about operation and maintenance, especially when it comes to obtaining replacement parts which may soon dry up as well as the supply of surplus MVs.

red

With the parts supply it would not be difficult to 'modernize' things on the truck if it's a concern. The axles are used by commercial equipment so not a concern there, really only the engine/trans/t-case, brakes to have to worry about getting parts for if you want to keep it original.

I've noticed the value going up in these at a reasonable rate the past few years, curious to see what happens now.

roveroverme

Banned
With the parts supply it would not be difficult to 'modernize' things on the truck if it's a concern. The axles are used by commercial equipment so not a concern there, really only the engine/trans/t-case, brakes to have to worry about getting parts for if you want to keep it original.

I've noticed the value going up in these at a reasonable rate the past few years, curious to see what happens now.
Red, I am curious about what you mean by 'reasonable rate' :) to my ear, what you say sounds like exponential growth.

red

Haha well by that I mean over the last 5 or so years seems like the average for a 'basic and stock' deuce has gone up about 2-3k, that I've noticed. Considering that the value of our dollar keeps falling and inflation rising, it's a "reasonable rate" of increase. Not enough to go out and buy a dozen to park for a few years, then turn around and make a huge amount of money. Just enough to where if you were willing to sell you could make your money back (if you didn't go too custom). If the supply really has dried up, then the value will go up faster and the 'stock' parts will be harder to get. But these trucks are easy to update for those that want to. Simple design that has left plenty of room for different options (engine, drivetrain, suspension, etc).

Value depends on your market. Take the housing and land here where I live in Midland Texas, oil country. 7 years ago the apartment I had out here was $335 a month for a 650sq ft, nothing fancy. That same apartment now is $1120 a month (no upgrades) because of the housing shortage. The land is barren, it's a desert. Good luck finding an acre for less than $20,000 that's unimproved. I bought my house 2 years ago for 173k, this year it was valued at 230k and I haven't done anything to improve it, just maintain.

rustystud

Once a vehicle has been registered it cannot then be unregistered. I have noticed a large increase in parts prices lately. Anyone need head gaskets ? Expect to pay big. One synchro for the tranny is almost $100.00 . The seal kit for the doors is $250.00 . Just to name a few. Right now air-pacs are available and parts too, but soon there will not be any rebuildable cores left, then what ? I had to go through 4 long style air-pacs to just to find one with a good air chamber. I saved the others incase I have to have them sleeved. The biggest issue I see coming down the road is the transfer cases . You can install a different transmission, the differentials are still available, but the transfer case is unique to this vehicle. You can install a common civilian one but it will cost you plenty ! At this time I'm just going to enjoy my truck as long as possible, and if and when the day comes when it is too expensive to operate I'll just say goodbye it was nice to have you for awhile.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was already done in one state, and it took a great effort to get it stopped/reversed - Wisconsin I think. Search for the thread(s) in the politics forum.
Correct, and yes, it was Wisconsin.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Closing thread as some people just won't listen.

The OPs question was asked and answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks