• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Incorrect fuel filter housing??

jimm1009

O.K. I'm now offically Corn-Fused.
In the two photos I have attached, there are the three fuel filters for the OEM canisters on my M35A2C.
Obviously the shorter filter element will not fit in the housing shown in the second picture and the two other elements go on the left rear side of the engine. The housing on the right front under the generator takes an element that is about 8 inches long judging by the length of the canister (8 3/4 inches or so).
I have not taken it loose yet because it will never go back together with the old gaskets, etc. and not leak (can't take my Sunday drive) so I need the correct filter element first or just change to a spin-on style housing.
Could this be a newer style filter assembly that is not shown in the TMs?
Jim :roll: :cry:

Attachments

sprucemt

The 1st filter is the primary and the short filter fits in it. The reserve space is for water and gunk.
This subject has been discussed multiple times on this site. Do a search for more data.

wsucougarx

I thought the same thing when I looked at the Primary fuel filter housing. There is a block inside of the housing to keep the small fuel filter from going all the way down. No worries, just drain, pull the housing off and you're good to go

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NAPA primary fuel filter may have a center opening that is too large and allow the filter to drop through to the bottom and you must first place a washer of suitable size on the support. The original filter element has a smaller center hole and will not fall down. Also, the correct filter element is cleanable.
Memphis carries the correct filter, but it's 3X as expensive...

Attachments

sprucemt

I carry the issue primary also. Yes, they are more expensive. Yet they work correctly where as the commercial replacements do not. So spending less money for something that does not work correctly just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks