• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Increase in fuel economy with Banks turbo?

linx310

I am keeping a mileage log with my M1009 and at the moment I am getting the following:
16/17 MPG Mixed Driving (City and Highway)
22 MPG (Highway only) @ 55-60 mph

I have a BANKs turbo setup I have not installed yet (waiting till fall).

For those who have the 6.2 Liter Banks Sidewinder setup have you noticed any changes in your fuel economy?

I would think it would make the motor more efficient so less fuel would be wasted reaching the same speed.

Last edited:

Lawrence of Arabia

Ahead of schedule. Hung the exhaust today and went for a test drive. WOW. What a totally different ride. I have a oil leak I need to fix and then I will check the MPG's.

big block 88

I have done a sidewinder on a 6.2 GM aswell as a IH 6.9 both were totally different animals after the install. The owners of both expeirenced 2-4 mpg improvement. The 6.2 is in a half ton chevy reg cab 2wd lowered with 2.90 gears he has hit 28mpg on the highway.

HP increase is minimal but the TQ is what took a jump on them, we have not had time to see what the dyno says but hopefully this summer we will get it on the rollers