• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indiana HMMWV owners?

Do you have any pictures on the engine bay?
Just offload from the delivery truck about 3 hrs ago!!! Took out the air filter and it was half full of water. Just rain water I'm guessing.

Lots of coolant lines pulled off.

Finding lots of character in the crevices. Dip cans, MRE pouches and other stuff. Lol. Love it.

Attachments

Been working all day, getting ready to start draining fluids and making my list.

I need hoses, batteries for sure. Didn't come with any batteries, but the cables are there.

Serpentine is off but looks like it's in decent shape. I just want to get it fired up to see what is wrong with it potentially.

Planning to vac all the sand and leaves out, pull the cut wires so they don't spark and then I'll start the mechanicals. All of the pulleys move, so nothing seems locked up so far.

Just offload from the delivery truck about 3 hrs ago!!! Took out the air filter and it was half full of water. Just rain water I'm guessing.

Lots of coolant lines pulled off.

Finding lots of character in the crevices. Dip cans, MRE pouches and other stuff. Lol. Love it.
I made a few upgrades. Still waiting for the dang SF97

Attachments

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, Im in Merrillville, IN. and planning on buying a HMMWV. How easy it is to get tags and Insurance? Anybody any experience dealing with https://streetlegalexports.com in Florida?
Very easy to get insurance and tags. I buy direct from govplanet. I've never dealt with streetlegalexports. If your looking for a complete HMMWV, reach out to West kentucky Surplus or Retiredwarhorses on here.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No major hurdles in Indiana.. Got mine at auction a few years ago, they offered a Utah title for $100.. Took it to DMV and plated/tagged in a few minutes…. Insurance I use is American Modern.. I set the covered value and don’t pay a whole lot.. Good Luck 👍🏼

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks