• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indiana MVPA State Rally

It's that time of year again! The Indiana MVPA Rally is among us! Once again it will be held at the Jay Co. 4H Fairgrounds in Portland, IN with the Museum of the Soldier as its host. Along with the vehicle show we have a chicken dinner on Friday night as a fund raiser for the museum (its some good eating!). We have plenty of space for vendors $20 for unlimited space and free tickets to the chicken dinner. Also we have a reenactment camp from all era's. We had a nice display last year ranging from the civil war, WWII, and the Vietnam era. If you are interested in coming visit www.indianamvpa.org

JonMolander

I just moved to Dayton. I've been meeting new friends from the Ohio Motorpool. I'm pretty excited about this event. Sounds like we're going to try to get a small convoy put together for it!

JonMolander

Somewhat related... I was just passing through the area yesterday in my deuce on the way back to Dayton. I took a stretch of US40 I hadn't been on before. As I was passing through the town of Straughn, I saw a man working on a "militarized" CJ-3. He also had a M109 deuce and a 1940s Harley among lots of other gems. I turned around and stopped to visit him for a few minutes. Think his name was Steve. Does anyone know him? He claimed he was or had been previously a member of both the national MVPA and local Indiana chapter.

I love getting to meet new people in this hobby!

Durango_USMC

Well Im going to try to run out there this year. Looking like the M1008 wont be making it though :/ but itll be good to see some folks and some great displays. Some day I may even have my own.

And Ive been following the work youve been doing to that M38A1. Youve been working hard.

L999here

Be there with probably the oldest 'vehicles' on display....the last animal drawn conveyance used by the US Military. The WW1 1917 Machine Gun Cart series of carts...gun cart,ammo cart and spare gun cart. Along with a group of issue equipment and vintage pic's of the carts and the water-cooled Vickers and Browning weapons issued. Look forward to seeing many enthusiasts and collectors.

Durango_USMC

L999here,

Sounds like a great display! I loom forward to seeing it. Its going to be my first IN MVPA rally/swap meet. I will probably be asking a lot of questions, glad you are coming out with everything youre bringing.

JonMolander

The flyer says primitive campsites available. Anyone got more details on those? My M105 has a bunk in it and I'd prefer electric. Everyone's definition of "primitive" is different. Also, are dogs allowed?

If not, what's a recommendation for nearby campgrounds/RV parks?

cjcottrill

It's that time of year again! The Indiana MVPA Rally is among us! Once again it will be held at the Jay Co. 4H Fairgrounds in Portland, IN with the Museum of the Soldier as its host. Along with the vehicle show we have a chicken dinner on Friday night as a fund raiser for the museum (its some good eating!). We have plenty of space for vendors $20 for unlimited space and free tickets to the chicken dinner. Also we have a reenactment camp from all era's. We had a nice display last year ranging from the civil war, WWII, and the Vietnam era. If you are interested in coming visit www.indianamvpa.org
I am not familiar with the area, will you recommend local hotels please?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks