• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

individual truck history?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not usually unless someone happened to be in that unit and happens to remember that truck.
Quite a few of the M1123s never actually got assigned to units, and just sat out in the Barstow desert for a couple decades before being sold off. I know mine is like that because it only had 32 original miles (rebuilt at 26 miles in 2010) and no unit markings anywhere.

Reactions: OBX

rolling18

not usually unless someone happened to be in that unit and happens to remember that truck.
Quite a few of the M1123s never actually got assigned to units, and just sat out in the Barstow desert for a couple decades before being sold off. I know mine is like that because it only had 32 original miles (rebuilt at 26 miles in 2010) and no unit markings anywhere.
Oo lucky!
Mine has 16k mi and a 6 digit number on hood.. I do not know how USMC marks their autos or units on them.. I'm only familiar with Army markings...

SmartDrug

I think mine had the same fate- arrived with 62 miles, rebuilt at 20, no unit markings, M1123, Barstow.

badger_610889

One buddy who is a marine (who was the one who advised me to get a M1123 and I keep thanking him for that!) told me to not trust the ODO with super low miles. He told me they ride these bucks quite a bit, sometimes a bit roughly and sometimes they happen to have disconnected or swapped meters.
That being, my M1123 that supposedly has only 300 miles since a rebuild in 2015 does look like new.
On the other hand my M1043 from the same year that is known to have been deployed abroad was beaten like crap and it's taking a lot of work while I can see they previous owner already did a lot to it...

So definitely agreed: M1123 is the way to go, unless you're looking for something specific like turbo, slantback and other stuff!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks