• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

indy4x4 fab recovery

timothy11

Banned
Well wish us luck. At about 10am me and indy4x4fab are heading out to get his 818 from preacherboy. Plan is to leave my uncles shop with my 813 on 1600s from vanwert ohio area, up to fenton Michigan to recover his 818 and tow it home. Route is st rt 30 east to i- 75 north, bypass around toledo on i-475 and catch highway 23 north. Then same back to which i will bring his truck to him at later date. As long as wife don't go into labor today I'll be happy. She says its ok and hope everything goes ok. We are taking extra towbar and slave cables just incase. And father inlaw has my 818 on standby also.

timothy11

Banned
Well i will be bringing it rest of way in about a week all goes well when i come to get my stuff. At same time pulled my truck in to do some pm work and i think we might of popped a injection pump seal. Not sure yet, oil all around it and will post pics of it and recovery later. Murphy may of caught up to us. Other then truck being down gallon of oil from the leak. She pulled interstate speed whole way no problem.

timothy11

Banned
Here is couple pics as promised. I know indy will post more and ill let him post details about his whole murphy influenced day. All in all it was uneventful other then the oil issue as you can see. Please take look at it as pass me your opinions on it. If you think its the seal behind the big pulley on front of engine case or if its something else.

Attachments