• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inexpensive camper/utiliy box for m35a2

charlessocccer

has anyone thought of using a basic, but equipped pop-up slide in camper??? (still have sink/grey water tank, stove/oven, heater, propane fridge, and cassette or camping toilet?) been thinking of one for my (future) m1008 anyways

that would give basics and dramatically help with high clearance situations....

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have given it some thought as I already have a slide-in pop-up camper available. Just have to work out lifting it that high. What has stopped me from trying is that I can still just load it up on my 4x4 pickup and really solve the high clearance issue.

BAZYRKYR

John,
Good to hear from you, and to know the project is still alive and well. Maybe this post of yours will bring some new blood back into the Deuce Camper interest. I think your new plans will work out quite well. Your camper will now be a custom fit for your Deuce, which is bound to be so much better than just any old slide in. Looking forward to seeing the build as it goes up. It will be a project, and lots of work, however you have more than proven you are up to the task. Best of luck!

In the last year or so I have not been sitting on my hands. My camper sastained some damage, so I removed the unit and modified a 15Ft Hi-Lo trailer to mount on the Deuce. It was a bigger project than I thought it would be, but it did work out. It has a huge amount of storage under the unit and loads of room inside, but is now 2 1/2 feet shorter than before. I know you will get a kick out of this.....

Have a Very Merry Christmas my friend.View attachment 400606View attachment 400607View attachment 400609View attachment 400618View attachment 400620View attachment 400622

All I can say is WOW!!! That thing is incredible! Do you have...or could you take...some close up pics of the front passenger side and the front end itself? Also...what kind of rack is that on the roof? I bought 8 fuel cans and was thinking of doing the same thing so I don't have to carry them in my s-250/M105.

oldMan99

In the last year or so I have not been sitting on my hands. My camper sastained some damage, so I removed the unit and modified a 15Ft Hi-Lo trailer to mount on the Deuce. It was a bigger project than I thought it would be, but it did work out. It has a huge amount of storage under the unit and loads of room inside, but is now 2 1/2 feet shorter than before. I know you will get a kick out of this.....

View attachment 400620

Hey Uncle Mikey,

Awesome job you have done yet again! Any chance you could give us a nice pic of the passenger side of the rig, and also, a pic or two of the stairs/ladder/whatever you use to access that platform on the driver side of the camper box.

From the door location I'm guessing you mounted the camper "Backwards"? Can you share why? (I assume it had something to do with the way it fit?)

Thanks in advance!!

FatBuddhaBoo

Hey Uncle Mikey,

Awesome job you have done yet again! Any chance you could give us a nice pic of the passenger side of the rig, and also, a pic or two of the stairs/ladder/whatever you use to access that platform on the driver side of the camper box.

Thanks in advance!!
Here's a few threads that might help until he chimes in...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?97592-fold-down-camper-box
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...our-Campers!&p=1219677&highlight=#post1219677

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought about a S280 shelter just today while I was removing the bed cover. The kids and I go camping in the deuce a couple of times a year and my truck has a dump so I use it for hauling whatnot at other times. What this means is installing/removing the cover and troop seats several times and that's a pain in the you know what.

I've got a forklift to install and remove the shelter so I was thinking I could set one up for our camping and then just set it in the truck when we get ready to go.

quickfarms

I thought about a S280 shelter just today while I was removing the bed cover. The kids and I go camping in the deuce a couple of times a year and my truck has a dump so I use it for hauling whatnot at other times. What this means is installing/removing the cover and troop seats several times and that's a pain in the you know what.

I've got a forklift to install and remove the shelter so I was thinking I could set one up for our camping and then just set it in the truck when we get ready to go.
The S280 works, I use one for mine.

Do you have a drop side bed?

Does your forklift have 6 to 8 foot forks?

g2065g

I really like what you did with the slide in camper. I get my deuce next weekend and wasn't sure if I was going to try to get a shelter or use a camper. A shelter would probably cost more so I'll probably go with a slide in camper or a trailer. I really like the pop up camper too

I have been plugin away at the remodel. Installed a couple windows. finished gutting the inside. Put down some new floor and cut out part of the bed for holding tanks. A guy that works next door let me salvage what I wanted from a old motor home he has. I took the toilet/shower encloser, the kitchen sink, Forced air furnace, water heater, roof top AC and power inverter / charger. It will be nice to be fully self contained. IMG_20131218_143512.jpgIMG_20131218_143550.jpgIMG_20131218_143559.jpgIMG_20131221_093549.jpgIMG_20131221_121253.jpgIMG_20131221_121305.jpgIMG_20131223_150427.jpgIMG_20131223_150447.jpg

Test fit the throne room to day. Tomorrow I am going to try and wire in the clearance lights so I can do some paneling in the corner. The lack of lights also keeps me from driving the truck. I have Deuce withdrawal syndrome real bad.
IMG_20131227_153645.jpgIMG_20131227_153632.jpg

Old English
(Acts 16:31 [Wycliffe])
And thei seiden, Bileue thou in the Lord Jhesu, and thou schalt be saaf, and thin hous.

Translation
(Acts 16:31 [NKJV])
So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks