• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inexpensive yellow head lights

Lindsaym151

Hey guys,
Got a brain storm idea the other day.
Iv'e always seen the yellow tinted head light on trucks.Looked into buying them ,HOLLY CRAP they ain't cheap!
Got a friend that does stain glass . Told me to go to Hobby store -HOBBY LOBBY or any local craft store. Look for Stain glass paint (SMALL squezze bottle aroud 3" tall).Color you want is Marigold.I applied mine with a small disposable buck brush! two caots dry time between coats 1/2 hour.If you get sick of it it will come right off with a power wash or scrubbing! Best of both worlds! cost 4.00 dollars 1 bottle has done 10 applications and still a bunch left

Attachments

eagle4g63

I was just on your other post and was thinking man he has the yellow head lights!!!!!

That is great, I would have never known your lights were painted that way. I have to go get some of that paint!!! THANKS:!::!:

Lindsaym151

EXCELLENT! if you don't think its bright enough , wash it off or scrape it off in a pinch.
The beauty of it is ,you can tape off the bottom of your light and only do the top for fog applications>:grd:

Lindsaym151

Also have done a sun screen strip on top of wind shield with both a charcoal color or green, works great for long trips in florida sun!

Lindsaym151

getting back to brightness , add 1 coat at a time, try it , if you want them darker add aditional coats, Also their tons of different colorsof yellow,That one was closest to stock 60.00 headlamp.

Lindsaym151

In europe in the 60-70s Germany demanded it of all vehicles.
In Vietnam same era a lot of your M151a1 had it.
Buy no means nessary at this date .Just something to set you apart from the crowd.:popcorn:

donalloy1

Al I want to know is. Does this application cut the local fog better than my existing Lamps? The units I have seen head on would seem to.

stb64

In europe in the 60-70s Germany demanded it of all vehicles.
In Vietnam same era a lot of your M151a1 had it
Actually, there has never been any requirement for yellow headlights or foglights, in Germany or elsewhere in Europe, except France.
Yellow headlights are illegal in Germany. If you import a vehicle from France, you will have to remove them before you can register it.
However, France is not a NATO country, so no U.S. forces there.
I do not remember seeing any U.S. military vehicles in Germany with yellow headlights, ever.
U.S. military vehicles are exempted from european regulations, even today.

Lindsaym151

Ya see thats what you get from listening to a guy at a bar at 1am telling you how IT was!
My bad
Spank me , ill let you know when it HURTS!

stb64

Not your fault.
You must have got that from somewhere, and not everybody has a way to check the facts.
Next time you see that guy, spank him for lying to you.
But the yellow headlights sure do look cool, and i just love the white markings.