• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Infected

toddbe

SteelandCanvas - not whnnin = just facing reality of the infection with others infected with me:drool:

ODdave - thanks for the offer to help. I think I'm going to actively look for a tow bar and bring her home that way. I should have mentioned the prior prior owner had a transmission problem then with the prior owner did not repair. So I got a good price on her, but have some work to do. She not far from home, only 35-40 miles.

Last edited:

toddbe

She is finally home. My M43!

After meeting a wonderful man who made me totally green with envy over his collection - he gracelessly loaned me his towbar and vast amount of knowledge (I get to keep the knowledge gained).

More photos coming later, but I thought I would at least get this one posted.

Attachments

Danl

Danl M915A1

I came across a 43, I looked it over real good the frame and body is not rusted at all I think it was kept under cover. tha paint is in bad shape it looks like a restore job will be easy. because of no rust. heres the thing. the motor. when I spin it with my wrench there is a stuck point. than I back the wrench the other way and can spin it around untill I reach the stuck point. The guy said put PB blaster and keep spinning it back a fort untill I free it up. He wants me to blow throught the stuck point because he wants to sell the truck , and i tell him the motor is stuck. he droped the price pretty low. I want to restore one off these truck but know nothing about a flat head, I'm a deisel guy . can I buy rebuilt kits for this motor? Knowing the motor is stuck can I fix it valve seals head gaskit piston rings ect. are they buyable?