• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info Needed on Air Assist Steering Kit

donkdonk

I am having problem with a air assist kit. I installed the kit about a year ago and sold the truck a short time later. Just got the truck back and it is blowing air out of the valve. It operates properly when making a right turn but when you turn it left the air just comes out of the blowoff port on the bottom of the valve instead of going to the cylinder. We then unhooked the lines that go to the cylinder and even just holding your finger over the hose that controls the left turn it blows right out of the blowoff port. So it seems that there is a seal or o-ring bad in the valve.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Where to obtain a rebuild kit for the valve?

The second problem is there is a allen bolt on the top of the valve that holds it together that is impossible to get off. Broke a Snap-On ratchet, Craftsman breaker bar, 2 different 1/2" to 3/8" reducers, and twisted 2 allen wrenches. Anyone ever taken one of these apart?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Can you post a picture with an arrow showing where it's leaking.

From my understanding these kits sat for a long time. I had to replace a seal on one of my pieces. Still worth what was paid for them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the "valve" is the valve on the drag-link, I was told my the OEM that they do not and never have repaired or provided parts to repair that valve. It is non serviceable.

The technician I spoke with said it cannot be reassembled by a human-being!(very complicated)

militarysteel

i would squirt a ton of WD down the line , hook it back up and work it back and forth.. i bet it will start working. do you have a Alcohol Evaporator Kit installed?

jatonka

check with Arthur Bloom, www.m35products.com see if he can help you. He was the only link to Air-o-matic ownership up until GL flooded the market with NOS steering kits. Now, Arthur is basicly out of business because he made $100 per kit sold at $1750 as advertised in MV Magazine. Still, He is a stand up guy and if rebuild kits are available at all from Maradyne, he can get them. If no luck, buy another kit, Right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks