• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info needed with Turn signals

Jim Deggys

My front left and right flashers in my M35A3 do not work anymore, they don't even light up. The turn signal light on the selector stays solid and doesn't flash when I select left or right turns (it use to flash). The rear L/R turn lights light up but do not flash. I have to manually "flash" using the turn signal lever. Both front bulbs are good and I have just replaced the turn signal selector with a new one. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flasher unit

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, check the ground wire at the flasher unit.

They get loose.

beastm35

Hi guys I found the same problem on my m35a2 the wires that go to the turn signal switch have metal connectors if they touch each other they short I put liquid tape so they stay apart turn signals work fine try that..

jbayer

The turn signal unit grounds through its attachment to the steering column. The front turn signals ground through their mounting bolts. The mounts ground through the fender. The fender basically floats on springs, and flasher unit grounds through the fender also.
Check for continuity/high resistance from the light sockets to the frame.

rustystud

The turn signal unit grounds through its attachment to the steering column. The front turn signals ground through their mounting bolts. The mounts ground through the fender. The fender basically floats on springs, and flasher unit grounds through the fender also.
Check for continuity/high resistance from the light sockets to the frame.
That's why you need to run a "dedicated" ground wire from the fender to the frame.

pjwest03

I generally try to coat the ground connections with NO-OX-ID. I also use a bit of it in the all the connectors. It's an anti-oxidant conductive grease. The antenna and broadcast guys swear by it. It's also a favorite in marine applications.

JDToumanian

I had this same problem, and it turned out to be a bad connection at the terminal block in the engine compartment, near the steering column.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you decide you do have a bad flasher unit, please search for the threads detailing how to make one out of readily available components. The replacement military units are not terribly reliable...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because that truck has air-blinkers...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks