• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info on used Chevy miatary trucks please

Fox Fire

New guy here so ya'll mite have to lead me around by the hand but I'll do my best .

A gentle man ( not really) I work with has one of the retired Chevy trucks for sale for $3500 and it only has 50,??? miles on it, I'm thinkin " dont sound like a bad deal, diesel motor, unstopable set of runnin gears and no miles on it".

But I have no back ground on these machines and was hopin to find out what ther actually about from you gents, mainly pertainin to life expectancy of the motor, parts availability,and average price for such a vehicle, any info would be helpfull and thanx in advance.

beanman1

well it depends on the model chevy truck (cucv) you are refering to you have a m1009 (k5) m1008 (k30 pick up) and other various model but if the body is in good shape and no rust engine checks out fine and no serius issues by all means get it parts are fairly easy to come accross if you have any trouble with it odds are someone as already covered the subject in the forum all you have to do is a search and there is some tech manuels under the resources tab be sure to download the one pertaining to the vehicle you want if you cant find out the answer by all means ask and we will figure it out together

ABN173

I paid $3800 for my first M1009, and consider it worth every penny. There are cheaper options such as gov liqidation or GSA auctions but you don't always know what your going to get, and forget test drives.

-Dale

Fox Fire

WOW !, that was quik, figured it mite be a day or two to get a reply, thanx again ya'll.

It's the pick up ( to us civilian types,rite) so thats a M1008, correct? I;ve looked it over some but not in detail, to tell the truth I'd rather have a blazer ( m1009, ?...???) but the truck would be just a absolute work horse I know, put on a 12,000 pound winch, set of off road tires and let the big dog eat, unstopable, no job to big.

I get a kick outta brawn in a vehicle, love me some practicle function in a machine.

Would you gents be so kind to turn me on to some auction site to get a idea of whats out ther, please ?