• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info wanted on HEMMT's and 395's for A3

Bulldog06

I am new to this site, and do not presently have a military vehicle. I was referred here by a present member who has a A3 that I am interested in. As I consider the A3 I have two concerns - 1) the slower road speed of the deuce [50-55ish], and the fuel consumption.

I had considered the larger tires [local seller has several virtually new] that some other sites seem to reflect have had some success helping with both of these problems. I was instructed that something like the 395's will require recentered HEMMT's for safety. Any wisdom, from people who obviously know a lot more about these trucks than I do will be appreciated.

Also, what mechanical problems are notable with the CAT engine and Allison tranny?

Thank you for any assistance,

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site.

Everything you've asked has been answered countless times here if you search under the deuce section.

There's also a number of safety concerns you should also consider before trying to make a 7 ton truck faster.