• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

information about

Jermyjudge

I am looking at getting a duece. the one i am looking at is listed as a 1954 m35a2 with a turbo multi fuel 427. Most of what i have read says that they didn't make a 427 with a turbo. Is there a place that i can read more about who built this truck and what the axle type would be. thanks in advance

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the LDS427s all came WITH turbo.
As far as I know that engine was widely used to repower M35 gassers, then designed as M35A1. Never saw a M35A2 originally with the 427 Multifuel.
Try to find the TM 9-2815-204-34P which is specific for that motor.

G.

Jermyjudge

I read one place that said the 427 wasn't a good engine. Is the turbo version any better. The truck is 2 hours away when I go look at it what should I look for. I want to build a mud truck out of this truck but I like the originallity of them. I was thinking about bobbing the back. Any experince would help. This all started because I sas looking to replace the one ton axles for the ford I have now.

hole

The 427 had some issues , thats why the 465 (478ci) came around shortly thereafter. Never owned a 427, but from reading about them I dont think I want one. You might want to continue your search for one with the LD465 instead ( unless you get this one for a song)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks