• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Information needed-m1028

shadowrwolf

information needed explanation after this.

currently oil light + stop light illuminated
need information to walk non engine/truck savy people through how to check and add oil so it can be moved

I am currently a long distance from the truck and there is a massive fire moving on the property the evacuation order has been given
i am knee deep in the TM but this is one more tool available.
i have not had a chance to get my hands on a FMTV yet as i have been stuck in a different state after it was delivered to the house for training.
so hard for me to walk them through things with these TMs over the phone.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/22000acre-grant-county-wildfire-destroys-2025-structures/34732330

Update
Finally got someone at the house to get in the truck and start it up.
no oil light no stop light oil pressure at 80

dispatch is saying a fire crew will be setting up camp just up the road from the house and family is staying tonight fire activity has slowed for the evening.
they have not cut power yet.
the house is still under a evacuation lvl 3 (get out now is lvl3)

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Oil pressure at 80 it should be fine to drive. They are quirky vehicles though. Oil dipstick on drivers side of engine you have to raise the cab. Oil fill is by the coolant overflow behind the cab.

shadowrwolf

rgr thanks

fire turned back in to the National forest for the moment property is still a class 3 evac but everyone is holding tight and the property has quite a bit of goof defensible fire space at the moment.
a few hundred feet of fire hose is helping keep it wet atleast till they lose power

shadowrwolf

I recommend your next purchase be a water tanker.

we have 2 neighbor have 2 problem is they are all out on fires already
evrey fire asset in Oregon has been mobilized and then some
structure fire fighters are on the fire line air guard and lots of volunteers lots and lots of dozers

to do list for this truck is a 600 gal water buffalo and a 400 gal slide in tank, pump and hose set up.
unfortunately fires kick up at the worst times

house just got downgraded to a lvl 2 evac
we did lose about 20+ homes to this fire so far and it is far from over it is still spotting and running.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks