• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

information on M101 3/4-ton radio antenna support trailer?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There used to be a pile of 3/4-ton trailers at Colemans' Surplus that were antenna support trailers. They didn't have an extendable antenna in them that mounted and extended while in the trailer, it was merely a trailer that had lots of cabling, antenna masts, a small genset, and related radio gear bolted down in it for stowage. The trailer had all sorts of custom mounts for this gear, like it was an catalog item, not just a standard M101 trailer. There was also a gas tank mounted underneath the cargo body to hold gas for the genset in the bed.

Most if not all of these trailers were scrapped last time I was there.

Does anyone know which trailer model I am referring to? There were dozens of them, all modified in the same configuration, so it was a standard item not just a one-off.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never saw one Mike. Did the trailers still have 'stuff' in them or were they empty but modified? Would like to come across a loaded one!

Bob

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen those at Ft Hood back in the day. I did not want one back then as there were so many holes drilled in the body that after someone removed all the add-ons the trailer would look like swiss cheese. I think these were a depot mod by Tobyhanna. Not sure what the designation was.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never saw one Mike. Did the trailers still have 'stuff' in them or were they empty but modified? Would like to come across a loaded one!

Bob
They were empty but modified. The only thing in the trailers were the racks and reels for all the stowable gear, which was not there.

I think they were probably refits from Tobyhanna. Shawn Coleman having them in central PA would make sense...

JB

We had one or two of them. They were m101a2 trailers. They had cable rollers that would swing out the back. I think we still have a rusty stripped down trailer at Dad's property. We use it to haul scrap metal now. The tank is still underneath and is rusty swiss cheese.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks