• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump head

My deuce is running like crap. I replaced all the fuel filters and primed it it. I had to injectors that when you cracked the line the motor did not change tune. I replaced the injectors no difference. Those two lines don't have as much fuel coming out of them as the rest. I'm going to assume this is a problem with the rotorie head on the injections pump. Were is the best place to buy a head right now. I use this beast on the farm and it can't be down for long.

mmeridith

Have you removed the head and cleaned all the ports? Could just be gunk in there blocking the injector lines.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I cleaned the head up and made sure it was timed when put it back together. I followed a good utube video and took it all apart and cleaned out all the ports. I blew out all my injector lines. It still runs like crap. The number 5 injector still seems to not be getting enough fuel.

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the MV parts suppliers I checked were out of stock. I was looking for one in case I wasn't able to repair mine. I found this one on ebay. It's one of the Chinese made units, not Bosch. Don't know anything about them other than it's brand new. Which part # head do you have? You can run either, from what I've read, just might take some different fuel adjustment if you get the "wrong" one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deuce-mult...ash=item41d1ffe575:g:4X4AAOSwIC1Z1qqa&vxp=mtr

does any one have the military guide for problem solving fuel issues on these trucks, as far a testing the pump and its pressures, im still not getting enough pressure to my number 5 injector. when I crack the line, fuel comes out but not much and the sound of the engine does not change. I have cleaned out the head and made sure it was timed and replaced all the fuel filters and the injectors blew out all the fuel injector lines, I just hate to buy a head and find out its deeper in the pump. I have hi pressure fuel testing kits but none of the threads go small enough to fit into the fuel service ports on the head, what is the best way to test it. thanks

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the technical manuals are at the top of this website. You can download, print, etc. There are also a lot of people on here more knowledgeable than me. Give the forum some time to work and you'll get some good advice from some of the regulars here.

When you talk about timing, did you time the HH to the pump or are you talking about the IP timing marks for the engine? Two different animals, not necessarily related. I guess you probably had to have the right timing marks lined up or it wouldn't have come out easily. I tried pulling my HH just 1/2 tooth off (was doing all this myself) and it didn't want to come. Had to get it lined up near perfect before it would come out easy. Kind of a pain to do with no Soldier B.

rustystud

does any one have the military guide for problem solving fuel issues on these trucks, as far a testing the pump and its pressures, im still not getting enough pressure to my number 5 injector. when I crack the line, fuel comes out but not much and the sound of the engine does not change. I have cleaned out the head and made sure it was timed and replaced all the fuel filters and the injectors blew out all the fuel injector lines, I just hate to buy a head and find out its deeper in the pump. I have hi pressure fuel testing kits but none of the threads go small enough to fit into the fuel service ports on the head, what is the best way to test it. thanks

Did you completely disassemble the Hydraulic Head and clean it ?
008 (4).jpg005 (4).jpg007 (4).jpg

Cleaning correctly entails removing all the passage plugs (pic 2) and the pressure regulator valve (pic 3) . When all the plugs are removed (including the plunger assembly) you should be able to see clear through the housing.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wouldn't reccomend playing with that side screw, they crack and are REALLY hard to find replacements.

I guess its worth a shot if the truck doesn't run anyway...

So I replaced the injection pump rotary head and it made no difference. Still skipping and it seams like it’s still at the number 5 spot. I’m going to do a compression test next. I know the head gasket is iffy it’s pushing oil out the front head under heavy load

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks