• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump leaking

Drock

So after another 600 mile trip I found a puddle of fuel under the truck this morning. It's coming from the throttle linkage. Is there an easy fix I hope? I assume there is some sort of rubber grommet? can this be replaced in the truck?

Last edited by a moderator:

Barrman

There are several threads on this site and many more on other sites about this leak. Yes, you can replace the throttle shaft o ring. However, if the IP is original or has been replaced at some time. The internal parts are the same age as the leaking seal. Maybe getting a rebuild would be a good idea?

i had the same leak on my first M1009. Just a few months after getting it. I asked on here and got the same basic reply I gave above. I called a stanadyne repair guy. He suggested a rebuild and went on to say his own personal 6.2 had the same leak and he had been running it that way for almost a year. He was just waiting for some down time to pull, rebuild and replace it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks