• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump oil lines

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Myself and another are going to get some new oil lines made for the IP. Anyone in need or interested? No idea on cost yet, as usual, more than one gets cheaper. Just wondering. Post up if there is interest.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think everyone should want one, to replace their existing flexible hose. at 40 years old, that hose has served it's term and deserves to be replaced. If it blows, your done fast.

It might be a good idea to simply do an NSN search and find a gov supplier for the hose, and request a batch.

Maybe a big group buy deal?

Westech

CPL
The oil lines are in..... I have the Heavy duty ones (rated for over 3000 PSI) that are ready to ship right now at $45.00 with shipping (see picture) and a "stock" line rated for 300 PSI $35.00 with shipping will be ready in two weeks.
The Difference in the two, is the heavy duty lines have a double wall 3275 PSI hose with steel braiding and 3500 PSI ends
The stock lines are a reinforced textile braid & covered with a black synthetic cover, 300 PSI working and 1000 burst pressure. Brass fittings and crimp ferrules.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
well with shipping I am still cheaper for the stock lines.. and there 100 times better then the NOS or "factory" lines. The Heavy duty lines are way over kill but thats what its all about.
So.... If you want to spend more on the same junk that is in there go for it Mr. Hnrsonj.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since NOS stands for "New, Old Stock" we have no idea how long a particular item has been on the shelf, or what conditions it's been stored under. A brand new part is exactly that - new!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well with shipping I am still cheaper for the stock lines.. and there 100 times better then the NOS or "factory" lines. The Heavy duty lines are way over kill but thats what its all about.
So.... If you want to spend more on the same junk that is in there go for it Mr. Hnrsonj.
Well I ordered both lines for my dropside yesterday ($16.80 and $15.90). I also had other stuff in my order so the shipping was basically no cost. I figure it has worked for 60 years so I don't need to multiply the pressure capacity ten fold. Anyone else check out clark trucks or contact one of the Military suppliers for a group buy.
http://www.integratedpartssystems.com/mmCTP/Images/00-081-4212.jpg

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
I see now that it has been posted that I am having them made and yes making $4.37 a set (the cost of 1.2 gallons of fuel for my driving to the shop and PO) there is a problem. This post has been up for weeks and not a peep out of your group. I get it. Look if you don't want them don't buy them... I offered two styles and both are over kill. Am I making money off members? well for the 5 miles to the shop, and one to the PO and the 6 back... no i am not.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westy, I only ordered mine because I thought it was a good idea when I saw them (ordering something else). I didn't even see this post till tonight. I have not looked at what they really go for. I do know saturn got $6.50 for them before they ran out. Can only imagine I overpaid.

DeuceDad

Been there, Done that

All, I recently went through this IP oil hose change and documented it in a post back on 12-09-2010 'Newbie Seeking Help - Leaks'. I too had a hose made locally which looked just like the picture in this post (I had the hose coming off the engine block to the IP made.). After spending DAYS trying to install the locally made hose I finally concluded there was just enough difference in the starting of the threads in the coupler going to the IP that it was preventing the hose from going on. Everything seemed exact except for the slight variation in the starting point of the threads when comparing the aluminum coupler to the brass coupler. I finally contacted John at Memphis Equipment and had him make me two hoses (one to replace the hose coming off the block and one to replace the hose running fwd and aft on the bottom of the IP.). After receiving the hoses, I had them installed in less than an hour. Take my advice, purchase them from someone who has been fabricating them for 30 + years and be done with it. :wink:

Just my two cents worth..

JasonS

Not to detract from what Westech has done...

There was a thread in SS detailing how you could make these lines using push-lock hose and fittinngs from NAPA, Fastenal, etc for reasonably cheap. I made these lines and I think that I was in it for ~$20 total.

Westech

CPL
Forget it. I am sorry to anyone who wanted them but it looks like everyone has a better idea. Last time I try to help anyone. I have a pile of lines and I will keep them to myself.

JasonS

Forget it. I am sorry to anyone who wanted them but it looks like everyone has a better idea. Last time I try to help anyone. I have a pile of lines and I will keep them to myself.
Working in R&D, I can sympathize. It can be REALLY hard to come up with a new product for which there is a market AND one where you can make any money. If it really is a good idea, most likely somebody has beat you to it or is already in process to do it. It also seems like the SS group rallys around something new but scatters when it comes time to take the checkbook out.

IMHO, what the market really wants is a reasonably low cost, bolt in hydraulic power steering.

Flyingvan911

That sucks. I am still planning on buying one of your spin-on conversion kits sometime soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks