• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection Pump out?

dlayman21

Hello, I just bought an 84' m1008. Guy I bought it from said injection pump was bad (not sure if he meant going bad or was already bad). Truck would not start without a hint of starting fluid.....I know, I know. Once started it would do great, start back up with no problems. If it sat for several hours then it was back to starting fluid. I had been running around town for a few hours and it stalled at a stop sign, started back up but as soon as I hit the gas it would die. Changed filter and with some starting fluid it fired up and sat running for about 30 minutes and ran down the road about a mile then stalled out again. Lift pump has recently been replaced and is still pumping fluid when I cranked motor. I bleed fuel lines. Now it will start at about half pedal with white exhaust and when I release pedal it will die....Any ideas on what might be going on. Thanks in advance.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cold start issue sounds like a glow plug problem but the stalling at a stop sign could be a IP problem. Could be a little of both but I'd start with the glow plugs because that's the number one issue with cold start problems.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, you cannot diagnose the relay by sound.

Read the cucv stickys.

Download the TMs.

Use the troubleshooting procedure in the -20TM.

You may simply have a fuel/air leak, causing it to loose prime.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the stalling out part. The injection pump could have an rubber connector on the Governor ring that has came apart into little pieces and has plugged up the return orifice and that allows the pump to build to much internal PSI and the engine will stall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks