• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump questions.

Im preparing to install a rebuilt IP. I wanted to insure that the shut off solenoid in my new pump was indeed the correct one. Do 12V and 24V versions exist? I have my truck apart, so I cant just manually test the input voltage to the IP myself. I also noticed that my new, rebuilt pump has an extra stud on the governor cover. I made the rebuilder (Badger Diesel) aware this was for a M1009. The 34TM mentions testing the shut off solenoid by jumping 12V between one of the solenoids terminals and chassis ground, so im assuming that perhaps only a 12V version exists, but im reading about 24V - 12V mix ups occouring, so im just trying to figure out the basics before I move forward. Here are images of both my new and old governor covers.20200112_191722.jpg20200112_155943.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All looks good to me. The 24 volt version has that rubber waterproof connector. If for some unknown reason they installed a 24 volt solenoid in there, worst case it won't pull in.

Chaski

This is my $.02

I'm a little rusty on injection pumps since mine has been trouble free for a few years now.

That looks like a 24V cover to me, as the fuzzy memory thinks the 24V versions were the only ones with the additional terminal. Might be worth a call to badger just to make sure they didn't ship you a HMMWV pump.

cucvrus

I thought you were way past this point. Last I knew you were doing rocker arms and valve covers. That injection pump looks great. In the hundreds I installed I never checked or worried if it had a 12 volt or a 24 volt solenoid. Like mentioned it would have the black round sealed plug if it were from a HMMWV. I have installed a few of them also. Proceed and remember the gear has an oblong hole in it and that is where the peg on the pump drive sits inside. 3 holes only align 1 way. Good Luck and report back. Sorry if I misunderstood how far you were on the previous post. 2-3 hours tops you should be done.

Im taking forever because I can only work at it it brief spurts, and honestly am probably a little over cautious. Thanks for your help. I became concerned when I saw that the new pump had an additional stud on it.

cucvrus

I see that stud. Not sure what that is but I seen it before. Can't find the picture but it all worked out the same. I just ignored that stud and installed the pump the same as always. Good Luck. I am watching closely. Be Safe.

Badger Diesel just confirmed the extra stud to be a blind stud, from a converted pump. They answered my email nearly immediately. Seems like a decent place. I will begin the install next Saturday. Thanks for everything. I will update next weekend.

Chaski

Excellent.

With that news from Badger you should be good to go. The 24v cold advance solenoids used two connectors- the 12V ones used one. Leaving the connector there as a blank to fill the hole makes sense.4ED8734F-2BA5-488F-9EE4-7A0E1DFB991C.png7848B87C-A13B-4D52-8975-E143A250C2AA.png