• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump quill shaft sheared off.

scooter01922

For anyone that hasn't read it here is some backstory http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/45666-need-some-ip-advice-m35a1.html Finally got to pulling the pump yesterday and pulling the quill shaft today. What i found was not amusing. The lower drive gear and spacer simply say there waiting to be picked up :-( The quill shaft and top drive gear slid out nice and easy after one gentle tap to get it moving. I have never heard of this shaft shearing before. Can't say its the sturdiest looking thing as it is really thin but still, it is steel. I think a new quill shaft and i'll be back in business. You will have to excuse some of the shots for being out of focus, my cam seems to have a mind of its own sometimes, then again the later pics are great. Oh for anyone wondering this is a code G or F pump off the M35A1 with lds 427-2. I'll have to clean up the data plate to see what exact model it is.

Attachments

tm america

thats the shaft that drives the fuel pump right . was it cold out when it broke.i have worried about having problems like that running waste oil in the winter as it gets thicker and harder to pump:roll:

scooter01922

This truck sat for a looooong time, best guesses from the guy that i got it from was 10 years. Thinking perhaps the hyd head was seized and the shaft almost snapped breaking it free and me removing the hdy head jarred it just enough to snap what ever was holding on. This is the shaft that rotates the hdy head and actually releases the pressure developed by the plunger to each injector. I really need to get some better pics tomorrow, those look even worse on here.

tm america

not fun as much as they want for an ip it's cheaper to get a whole motor or truck. hope you can get just the parts you need for a decent price

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks