• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

INJECTION PUMP REBUILD - "TALK STORY", any input welcome.

dom1986ck30

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ousing-oil-filter-area-new-electric-fuel-pump20170629_113618.jpg20170629_122610.jpg20170629_103810.jpg

Aloha, I am starting this new Thread from the attached link. I hope it helps anyone doing the same task as myself.

I have, with the help of this site, successfully extracted the IP from my M1008 1986 CUCV with a 6.2 DETROIT motor. It is at a shop getting rebuilt as I post this thread. I have also ordered new injectors and lines with relevant kits. I have taken notes and drawn out my own diagrams so as to not struggle with the reassembly. I printed out from the TM's as well. Good stuff!

I suppose a good way to get this Thread going is to see what anyone has to say about extracting to reassembly procedure, cleaning, prep, advice to "Check For...", before reassembly, "While You Are There... May As Well Replace...", misc. etc...

I noticed that there is a "Block Off" (See pic. with Manifold Gasket still stuck on block), on the Intake Manifold gasket. I read it was for off-road vehicles. Well... what is an M1008?

If you notice in the pics, I took all injection lines off first. Why not? Seemed easier than what I have seen on YouTube and what I have read.

Also, and "FYI", and this has been an ongoing issue in these threads on this site... "Electric?" or "Manual/Stock?", fuel pump... The Engineering IP rebuilding outfit that does work for the Navy, Pearl Harbor, and the Army here on the island says that they are not convinced nor impressed with any electric set-up for a fuel delivery. I asked because my pump went out coincidentally 3 weeks or 300 mile after I installed/replaced electric fuel pump. So... I am strongly considering with going back to the stock/manual pump. Could this have been the "Culprit?"

I have many pictures of what I have done so far if anyone needs help with identifying and troubleshooting. I hope everyone is having a great day!!! Can't wait to hear from the Steel Soldier's "Peeps".

Aloha!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks