• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump?

Parker2

I was getting ready to install my 5 ton injection pump on my duece, but then thought why not just swap the hydraulic heads. Can I do that or should I just replace the whole pump?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
2800 rpm govenor is not something anyone should want. way past red line. will break something eventually. head can be swapped in about an hour, for pump start with removing radiator.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pumps have different P/Ns so i'm sure there is something internally that is different. Maybe the metering valve or the cam that makes the pressure. I have a manual, I should compare the two.

unclemikey

I just did that job on my deuce. Change the head from a five ton. very smooth job, not hard at all. Only thing that can be tricky is seeing the alignment mark line up with the red tooth gear under the head with a mirror and flashlight. Check out TM 9-2910-226-34, page 3-74. Get the mark aligned at takedown, will make the job much ever so smooth. Have Fun !

Parker2

I just changed the ip head.
I cant say about the power yet as I havent driven down the road yet. Since it's from a 5 ton I would guess its giving it more fuel/power.
Isnt the ip head the part that regulates the amount of fuel delivered?

Update as of 1600 hrs. Yow, yes it gives it more power:) I havent ran it thru its paces yet but driving it around to park it behind my shop I could tell it has more power. :)

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
you know I drove that deuce 15K miles or more with a 5 ton pump and hit 2900 RPM a lot! and I never had a problem. My pyro stated 1000* - 1100* most of the time too! I NEVER HAD a PROBLEM and that deuce is still blasting down the road and getting the snot kicked out of it. I dont know why many people start to cry and pee there pants when that engine gets over 2500. Come on man if it was going to brake it it would have happened to me.

SterlingDevelop

I dont know why many people start to cry and pee there pants when that engine gets over 2500. Come on man if it was going to brake it it would have happened to me.
I go out and shoot my automatic up into the air all the time, nobody's been hit by returning bullets yet.

for those who can't readily read into this, please note that this is mild sarcasm.

Westech

CPL
if a 5 ton can go to 2800 a deuce can too.. the rotating assemblies are very close to the same.. in fact I would bet the cranks are the same part number.

I would not compare RPM to shooting a weapon in to the air.. that a far stretch.

SterlingDevelop

I was not comparing the mechanics of the two, just the mindset that because it hasn't happened to you, it isn't going to happen.

You might be right, it could be just fine.

All the usual hazard warnings apply. Like you could burn your truck up. Your mileage may vary, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks