• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector disassembly question

Dhallftworth

I searched first, but could not find my answer. I'm having fuel problems on my truck. I'm getting fuel to the injectors, but the motor won't start. Who ever had this truck before me, failed to put filters into the secondary and final cans. I pulled out my injectors, which were pretty nasty and possibly clogged. I disassembled them and dropped just the nozzles and related parts into my sonic cleaner with high strength degreaser. I have 2 nozzles, where the center "shaft" won't come out. I can blow air through one of them, but not the other.

Attachments

Jeepsinker

Have you tried soaking them in penetrating oil? And I mean in a penetrating oil bath. Get a gallon of PB blaster from the parts store and fill up a cup with it then drop all the tips in. The ones that aren't stuck will benefit anyway because it will loosen all the carbon/coke that the sonic tank won't get.

Dhallftworth

I don't have the hot tub, I've got the Hornady tall silver unit. I forget what it's called. I'm a reloader, and decided that the thumblers tumbler works much better than sonic cleaning brass. It's went on to bigger and better things. I'll see about getting a gallon today, to try tonight.

welldigger

I'm not sure. I know my local shop charges about $45 to rebuild an injector. There have been some threads where people built their own homemade pressure tester. I have a used injector line I can send you if you decide to go that route. I want to say they used a Porta power. And used the end of an old injector line to adapt it to an injector.

Jeepsinker

Springs, tips,... Cleaning, and setting pressures... I think. I need to have mine done soon too. I have almost 2000 hours on mine. Service intervals are 1000 hours I believe.