• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injector line problems

10NUGGET01

I got this truck about 5 months ago and I have a fuel leak. The guy I got the truck from changed the injector lines but didn't reinstall the washers. There are 4 of the 6 washers missing. Can I buy just the sealing washers or do I have to purchase all 4 new lines? Thanks for your help.

The engine I have is the LDT 465 C1 Whistler if that helps. :-(

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We ask that members do not use bold HELP in titles, unless broken down on the road, in a true emergengy situation.

We know people post because they need help. That's the point of the site.

Yes, the washers can be purchased. Try an MV bussiness. Several site sponsors advertise on the site(left side of the main page).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your leaking at the hydraulic head end of the lines, there is no washer there.

Overtightening may be your issue. You may need new lines.

I'll edit your title.

10NUGGET01

Hmm...... im lost. If you can see the second picture there are 2 washers on the the far right 2 lines and some kind of thread tape on the others. Replacing the lines may be my fix then. Tired of scratching my head at this. Just stummped.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should not be any thread sealant on them either.

They use a "self biting" ferrule.

You lines may have been bent out the way(wrong way to gain access). Never bend the lines.

You probably need new lines.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your hydraulic head threads and seats may be damaged as well.

nosajb15af

No, those are the threaded sleeve inserts. Those lines shouldnt be taped either. Fuel shouldnt ever hit the threads. They are tapered ends and rely on compression to seal. Here is a pic..a little blurry, but you get the idea.
20130814_193643[1].jpg

10NUGGET01

That's making more sense. Ive not built one before. The way it looks in the pictures is the way I received it. Is there a fix if for the threads and seats? Or is it a whole head replace? I've looked all over the internet for parts and the only thing I can find is a complete pump head and all and new lines of course. 1500 is the bill on that. I've looked for just the heads but can't find one.

nosajb15af

Id call a local diesel engine shop. Parts might be standard enough for them to have in stock. I know my buddy has his entire IP overhauled locally for $450.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PM me your contact info....I have two parts engines out in a trailer that have been supplying parts for a few years. I think both of them have the hydraulic heads but I'd have to go check. You are not that far away.

welldigger

Id start with new injector lines. Cheaper than a new HH. Also, make sure it is leaking from the lines and not the center bolt on the HH.

10NUGGET01

Ok I think I might have found one of my problems. I think im getting fuel in with the oil. Has anyone ever heard of this before? If so what can the results be and how does something like this happen?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks